Article 2. Qualifications for Examination
Title 16, Division 9, California Code of Regulations
Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
(a) Every application for examination in which the applicant is using training received in a school in this state approved by the board in order to qualify for examination must be accompanied by proof of that training.
(b) Proof of training shall be a document, prepared by the school where the applicant completed the qualifying training, that includes all of the following:
(1) The course title.
(2) The student's name, address, and date of birth.
(3) The school's name, address, and school code issued by the board.
(4) The date training started and the date training was completed at the school completing the training.
(5) The total number of hours of training the student received.
(6) If the applicant has done any one of the following, the document shall also include the information as specified for each:
(A) If the applicant has received any of the training at another school, the document must specify, for each school attended, the school's name and school code, the number of hours of training received, the date training started, and the last date of attendance.
(B) If the applicant has received credit from a course transfer, the document must specify the course and the number of hours of training received, the date training started and the last date of attendance before transferring, and the number of hours of credit received.
(C) If the applicant has received credit for holding a manicurist or cosmetician license issued by the board, the document must specify the type of license, the license number, its date of expiration, and the number of hours of credit received.
(D) If the applicant has received credit for out-of-state training and/or experience, a copy of the letter from the board granting that credit shall be attached to the document.
(7) A statement confirming that the student has met the course curriculum requirements as specified by regulation.
(8) A statement, dated and signed under penalty of perjury by the school and the student, that all the information on the document is true and correct. The statement shall be worded as follows:
"We, the undersigned, certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of California, that all the information contained herein is true and correct."
(9) The document must include the name and title of the individual signing for the school clearly printed or typed.
(c) The information contained in any proof of training document prepared by an approved school in this state must be clearly identified by the number and presented in the order specified in subdivision (b).
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 7312, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 7321, 7321.5, 7324, 7326, 7330, 7331, 7337, and 7391, Business and Professions Code.
(a) An applicant who desires to establish eligibility for examination for a license in this state upon the basis of practice, study or training outside this state, or supplementary training in a licensed school in this state, or any combination thereof, shall furnish proof of his or her qualifications to the board as follows:
(1) An applicant who desires credit for practices in another state or country shall file with the board, on the form prescribed by it (Form #03E-145, Affidavit of Experience-Form C, Rev 1/91), an affidavit from a disinterested person verifying such practice, together with an authenticated statement from the licensing agency in the state or country where such practice took place showing that the applicant was licensed to engage in such practice, if a license was required therefore.
(2) An applicant who has completed any number of hours of study and training in a school in another state or country, and who desires credit for such hours toward study and training in this state, shall file with the board, on the form prescribed by it (Form #03B-144, Out-of-State Beauty School Training Record-Form B, Rev 8/94), an authenticated statement from the school or the training took place showing the number of hours of study and training completed in each subject and when such study and training occurred.
(3) An applicant who desires credit for supplementary training completed in a licensed school in this State shall file with the board an authenticated statement from such school showing the number of hours of such training successfully completed in each subject.
(b) An applicant for examination who is employed on a military reservation to practice any profession licensed under Chapter 10 of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code must present an authenticated statement from the military reservation verifying the employment and may use the practice obtained to qualify for examination.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 7312, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 7321, 7321.5, 7324, 7326, 7330, 7331, 7337 and 7391, Business and Professions Code.