Would you be willing to take a brief survey on the License Search application?
Laws and Regulations
- Barbering and Cosmetology Act (Business & Professions Code Division 3, Chapter 10)
- California Code of Regulations, Title 16, Division 9
The Board recently revised its health and Safety regulations. They became effective July 1, 2015. Below is the text of the regulations, as well as a chart that explains what revisions were made.
- Revised Health & Safety Regulations — En espanol — Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) — Korean
- Explanation of Health and Safety Revisions – En espanol — Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) — Korean
The supplement below includes all the regulations that have changed since the publication of the Board´s 2013 Barbering and Cosmetology Act and Regulations booklet. (For a complete, up-to-date copy of the Board´s regulations, download both of the links below)
- Click here for the 2013 downloadable booklet containing both Title 16, Division 9 of the California Code of Regulations, which covers the practice of barbering and cosmetology, and Division 3, Chapter 10 of the Business and Professions, also known as the Barbering and Cosmetology Act. The Board's regulations are based on the Act's statutes. — En espanol — Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) — Korean
- Supplement to the 2013 Barbering and Cosmetology Act and Regulations booklet. — En espanol — Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) — Korean
If you would like a copy of the new regulations mailed to you, send us an email with new regulations in the subject line along with your name and address to email@example.com