Would you be willing to take a brief survey on the License Search application?
Laws and Regulations
- Barbering and Cosmetology Act (Business & Professions Code Division 3, Chapter 10)
- California Code of Regulations, Title 16, Division 9
- Click here for the 2016 downloadable booklet containing both Title 16, Division 9 of the California Code of Regulations, which covers the practice of barbering and cosmetology, and Division 3, Chapter 10 of the Business and Professions, also known as the Barbering and Cosmetology Act. The Board's regulations are based on the Act's statutes.
- Note: The 2016 edition of the Board’s Barbering and Cosmetology Act and Regulations booklet is currently available only in English, but is being translated into Spanish, Vietnamese and Korean and will be posted on this site when complete. In the meantime, the 2013 booklet is still available En espanol, Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) and Korean, but must be paired with the following supplements that lists regulatory changes to the booklet since its publication:
Supplement to the 2013 Barbering and Cosmetology Act and Regulations booklet. En espanol — Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) — Korean
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Proposed Regulations
- Recently Approved Regulations