Laws and Regulations
- Barbering and Cosmetology Act (Business & Professions Code Division 3, Chapter 10)
- California Code of Regulations, Title 16, Division 9
- The Board recently revised its health and Safety regulations. They became effective July 1, 2015. Below is the text of the regulations, as well as a chart that explains what revisions were made.
- Click here for the 2016 downloadable booklet containing both Title 16, Division 9 of the California Code of Regulations, which covers the practice of barbering and cosmetology, and Division 3, Chapter 10 of the Business and Professions, also known as the Barbering and Cosmetology Act. The Board's regulations are based on the Act's statutes. En espanol — Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) — Korean
- Supplement to the 2016 Barbering and Cosmetology Act and Regulations booklet - The supplement contains additions or deletions to the booklet that occurred after its publication and went into effect January 1, 2017.
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Proposed Regulations
- Recently Approved Regulations