The California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology is now authorized to accept applications for licenses containing an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in lieu of a Social Security Number (SSN). For information on obtaining an ITIN contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or visit (Spanish) (Korean) (Vietnamese)

For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, please view our FAQs.


Apprenticeship Information

Examination Information

Examination Applications

Candidate Information Bulletins (CIB)

Examination Information

PSI Candidate Information Handbook (Bulletin) All Exam Types (Korean) (Spanish) (Vietnamese)

Transfer License To/From California

Review the TRANSFER LICENSE TO/FROM CALIFORNIA section of the FAQs to determine how to receive a California license.

Examination Applications

Reciprocity Application

PSI Reciprocity Handbook


Military Information

New Establishment Owners

Establishment Application

Mobile Unit Application

Mobile Unit Instructions and Checklist

Salon Sense: Owner Resources

Online Services

Online Services

BreEZe Online Help


Approved Schools

Barbering and Cosmetology Examination Results by School